Mother's Day is May 14, 2017. Realizing this I thought it would be nice to share the newsletter I wrote last year for Mother's Day. It recognizes all we do for our beloved dogs as their human parent, but also what we get in return. I hope you enjoy the read and I wish a wonderful Mother's Day to all pet parent Mom's!
Ten Reasons Mother’s Day is for the “Mom” Pet Parent too!
1) Commitment - We make a life long commitment to the very end to love and care for our beloved dogs. Our dogs bring joy to our lives from the time they are a puppy to the time they are ready to cross over the rainbow bridge.
2) Canine Children - Some “Mom” Pet Parents only have canine children. This makes the parent relationship especially meaningful. For some Pet Parent Moms this means never having had a human child, only canine children and for others it can be before human children come into the family or after the human children leave the family.
3) Nutrition - We provide nutrition and even make homemade treats for our dogs. We research and make sure what they eat is safe and nutritional for them.
4) Exercise - We provide exercise and take our dogs for daily walks. We enjoy the fresh air and connecting with nature together. We are exercise buddies and we both gain the benefits of being physically active.
5) Training - We spend time training our dogs so they can live comfortably in our human world. Teaching our dogs good manners and how to behave well at home and in public is a parent responsibility we take very seriously.
6) Health Care - We take our dogs to the veterinarian for wellness check ups and when they are sick or injured to make sure they get the best of care. We are advocates for our dogs health because they need us to speak for them.
7) Grooming - We take our dogs to the groomer and make sure they are properly groomed for their needs. We keep their toenails trimmed and their teeth brushed. Canine hygiene is important in preventing physical and dental problems for our dogs. We focus on prevention.
8) Gifts - Whenever we are shopping we make a point to check out the dog section in the store for that special toy or chew we know our dog will like. We are always thinking of things that will make our dog happy.
9) Socialization - We make sure our dogs have a chance to play with other dogs. Socialization and playing with other dogs and humans is important and fun for our dogs.
10) Unconditional Love - All these things we do for our beloved dogs pale in comparison to the unconditional love our dogs give us every minute of every day. We are grateful for the gift of having these wonderful canine children in our life.
Wishes for a pawsitively awesome Mother's Day to all our dedicated
Pet Parent Moms!
WOOFS & SMILES!
- 4th of July Safety Tips for Dogs
- A Dogs Wisdom
- Adopting a Senior Dog
- Alpha is a Myth
- Being a pet parent "mom."
- Benefits and Etiquette of Bringing Your Dog to Work.
- Celebrating Our Dogs!
- Children and Dogs are Amazing
- Could Your Dog Be A Therapy Dog?
- Dogs and Dogs and People are People
- Dogs and Loud Noises
- Dogs Have Feelings Too!
- Dogs Have Personalities!
- Dogs Need Both Mental and Physical Exercise
- Getting to Know all About You!
- Holiday Tips & Treats For Dogs
- Holidays and Dogs
- How Much is That Doggie?
- Is There a Canine Sport For You and Your Dog?
- Language Changes Behavior
- Lessons Our Dogs Teach Us
- Mother's Day is for Pet Parent "Moms"
- Multiple Dogs
- Mutual Respect
- Parenting Dogs and Children Together
- Paws For New Year Resolutions
- Pet Etiquette When Visiting Friends.
- Pet Parent or Pet Owner
- Photographing Your Dog
- Positive Versus Negative Training Techniques
- Recipe for the Holidays
- Safety First - Always Know Where Your Dog Is
- Seven Signs Your Dog is a Family Member
- Socialization - Why is it so Important?
- Spending Time With Our Dogs
- Summer and bugs are here!
- The gift of time.
- The Power of Touch
- Treats! A Dogs Favorite Food
- Trust Your Dog
- Walking the Dog
- Warm Weather Safety Tips for Dogs
- What Do I Feed My Dog?
- What My Dogs Mean To Me!
- Your Dog Will Love You For Doing These 10 Things